Son of Duke basketball legend looking like top recruit – Ball Durham - Sportshour News

Breaking

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Son of Duke basketball legend looking like top recruit – Ball Durham

One particular high school freshman should be on the Duke basketball radar.

Admittedly, I’m a bit biased here. After all, I named my beagle puppy “Boozer” in 2001 while Duke basketball legend Carlos Boozer was helping the program win its third national title. So as a longtime fan of the Boozer surname, I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to someday enjoying the perfect excuse to seek out a “Boozer Jr.” dog.

ALSO READ: Ranking the first 40 Duke teams under Mike Krzyzewski

Fortunately, it’s looking more and more likely that Columbus (Fla.) prep freshman Cameron Boozer has a game that will eventually be worthy of a Duke basketball offer. In fact, as was the case for his dad more than 20 years ago, the 6-foot-8, 210-pound power forward appears in line for a five-star rating as arguably the most promising talent in his class.

[embedded content]

We’re still a year or two away, though, from initial 2025 rankings popping up on most major recruiting sites.

Still, there’s no denying that Cameron Boozer would have a fitting first name as well if he played his college ball in Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Potential Duke basketball target catching scout eyes

Here’s what Rivals recruiting expert Jamie Shaw wrote this week about Cameron Boozer:

“Boozer lined up at the CP3 Rising Stars Camp against many of the best players in his class from across the country. He was easily the best player and prospect in attendance…Boozer has a strong and lengthy frame. His game is mature, and his pace is never rushed. He can score with his back to the basket and has touch and a go-to over both shoulders.”

Yes, that all sounds a lot like Carlos Boozer, who starred down low for the Blue Devils across three college seasons before becoming a two-time NBA All-Star during his 13-year pro career.

[embedded content]

Naturally, according to what Cameron Boozer told Shaw, the 14-year-old is not short on Blue Devil knowledge:

“Growing up, I watched a lot of Duke. You know, my dad went there. It is a great school, a great program, and they win a lot.”

But Cameron Boozer comes across as just a hoops connoisseur, period, as he implied to Shaw:

“I also watched a lot of Kentucky, Kansas, UNC — they’re all really good schools with great programs.”

As for setting a benchmark for his own skillset, Cameron Boozer pointed to an active NBA All-Star during his chat with Shaw:

“I bring energy, I rebound, I play defense, I try to dominate the paint, I can spread the floor too. I feel like I am able to bring a lot to the game. Anthony Davis is my favorite player. I try to model my game after him every chance I get.”

While not drawing nearly as much attention as his twin at this early juncture, Cayden Boozer is another one worth keeping an eye on among this next crop of first-year high school ballers.

Either brother could inspire a “Boozer Jr.” pup.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3zR51Rr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment